Balloon is a library to display tooltips on Android apps. Display tooltips might sound easy, but it turns out that there is much complexity under the hood.
Jaewoong will walk us through this project, and will share his experience as a sole maintainer of this and other popular Android libraries.
Enjoy the show 👨🍳
- 00.00 Intro
- 00.46 Episode Start
- 01.14 Jaewoong’s Introduction
- 02.19 What is Balloon?
- 02.52 Use cases
- 03.33 Missing features
- 04.46 Jetpack Compose Support
- 05.45 What it takes to render a Tooltip?
- 09.01 The Android API you hate the most
- 10.01 Who’s using Balloon?
- 11.57 Balloon on iOS?
- 12.56 The history of balloon
- 15.40 What drives you to do Open Source?
- 17.30 Where do you find the time for Open Source?
- 18.05 Burnout and Open Source Maintainers
- 18.50 Tips for sole maintainer?
- 19.48 Onboarding external maintainers
- 20.46 Bringing a library to success
- 23.08 Jaewoong’s recipe for crafting new libraries
- 24.37 Promoting your libraries
- 25.43 The future of Balloon
- 26.40 Looking for maintainers
- 27.15 Donating a project
- 30.57 Further reading
- 32.02 Where people can find you online?
- skydoves/balloon on Github
- skydoves/orchestra on Github
- Jaewoong Eum on Medium
- Jaewoong Eum on Twitter
- Jaewoong Eum on Github