In this episode, we talk about Gradle Doctor with its author Nelson Osacky. Gradle doctor helps you fix performance problems and errors in your Gradle build. The tool works as a Gradle plugin - emitting prescriptions for all the problems found. Nelson tells us how he came up with the idea behind this tool, and what the future is for Gradle Doctor.
Enjoy the show 👨🍳
- 0:20 Intro
- 1:06 Episode Start
- 1:49 Nelson’s Introduction
- 04:22 What is Gradle Doctor?
- 08:44 Remote build cache
- 21:36 The most common mistake in your build.gradle
- 24:34 Gradle Doctor and performance
- 31:17 Extensibility
- 33:12 The future of Gradle Doctor
- 39:56 Where to find Nelson online?
- runningcode/gradle-doctor on Github
- Gradle Doctor Documentation
- How fast does my internet need to be to use the Gradle Remote Build Cache? - Part 1 and Part 2
- The Secrets of the Build Scan Plugin and the internals of Gradle - Video from Android Makers
- @nellyspageli on Twitter
- Nelson’s Website