“When all you have is an anvil, every problem looks like a hammer.” - Abraham Maslow
So it starts the Anvil 🔨 README.
Anvil is a plugin to make your dependency injection with Dagger 2 easier.
We have the pleasure to host Ralf Wondratschek, Mobile Engineer @ Square. He’s going to tell us how Anvil can make your life with Dagger 2 easier and faster.
Did you know that this project was originally called Hephaestus? Make sure to don’t miss this episode if you want to learn this and other stories behind this project.
Enjoy the show 👨🍳
- 00.19 Intro
- 01.05 Episode Start
- 01.31 Ralf’s Introduction
- 02.21 What is Anvil?
- 02.51 What is Dagger?
- 05.20 Ralf’s opinion on Dependency Injection
- 07.27 Any bad experiences with Dagger?
- 08.41 What problem is Anvil solving?
- 14.03 Is Anvil useful if I have only one Android project?
- 15.47 What’s the story of Anvil?
- 17.56 Anvil Internals
- 22.12 How stable is Anvil?
- 25.00 Anvil vs Hilt
- 28.57 What do you recommend using in a fresh Android project?
- 34.37 Tips for project naming
- 36.56 Shiny new features
- 37.24 Anvil & Dagger @Binds
- 38.29 Anvil & Dagger Factories
- 40.51 Anvil extensibility
- 44.53 What to expect for Anvil in the future?
- 47.18 Further reading
- 48.35 Where to find Ralf online?
- square/anvil on Github
- Official Documentation
- Mentioned Resources & Projects:
- @vRallev on Github
- @vRallev on Twitter