☢️☢️☢️ When Gradle or the IDE let you down, just
--nuke all them caches ☢️☢️☢️
Today’s project is basically a script: deep-clean.
This script is the last resort to unblock yourself when your Android/JVM/Gradle builds are damn broken.
deep-clean will take care of cleaning up your build caches. If you’re really stuck, you should also look
--nuke option to purge every possible cache and start from a clean environment.
Its author, Sebastiano Poggi, is on stage to tell us the story behind it.
As a bonus, we also talk a bit about Seb’s new journey with Twitch: CodeWithTheItalians 🍕.
Enjoy the show 👨🍳
- 00.19 Intro
- 01.05 Episode Start
- 01.36 Seb’s Introduction
- 03.35 What is deep-clean?
- 05.36 What is deep-clean cleaning?
- 08.31 deep-clean as a last resort
- 11.25 From a script to a popular project
- 13.30 Kotlin as a scripting language
- 15.35 How do you distribute deep-clean?
- 18.05 Community contributions
- 19.59 deep-clean on Brew?
- 22.43 kscript vs Kotlin Scripting
- 25.08 Command line parameters
- 26.34 Do you have tests?
- 30.02 Further reading
- 33.16 Bonus: Code with the Italians
- 43.48 Where to find Seb online?
- rock3r/deep-clean on Github
- Mentioned Resources & Projects:
- Code with the Italians: 🍕
- @rock3r on Github
- @seebrock3r on Twitter