So we made it to Episode 20! 🎂.
If you’ve been enjoying this podcast so far, please consider making a small donation to my London Marathon 2021 fundaraising. You’ll be supporting Mencap, the voice of Learning Disabilities 🙏 Thank you so much.
We’re celebrating this milestone with a special episode. The tool we’re going to talk about today is not a Github library, but a sport that is getting more and more popular in the developer community: Running 🏃♂️.
I’m excited to have on stage Enrique López-Mañas, GDE for Kotlin & Android, Maitnainer of Kotlin Weekly and (Ultra) Marathon runner.
Enrique will share with us his passion for running and will tell us how software engineers can benefit from this sport. He has also been successufully running Kotlin weekly for the last 5 years, so he has a lot to tell about endurance as well.
Enjoy the show 👨🍳
- 00.00 Intro
- 00.46 Episode Start
- 03.18 Enrique’s Introduction
- 04.28 How you got into running?
- 08.51 How hard is to run a marathon?
- 11.49 Aren’t you bored of running?
- 16.37 Any memorable run to share?
- 24.19 Running the New York Marathon
- 27.39 Meeting new people while running
- 29.34 The psychology of running a marathon
- 33.02 What software developers can learn from running?
- 37.18 Running a marathon vs running a newsletter: Kotlin Weekly
- 46.29 Have you ever fundraised for a race?
- 52.06 What would you suggest to new runners?
- 57.56 Where to find Enrique online?
- Kotlin Weekly Website
- Enrique on Strava
- @eenriquelopez on Twitter
- Run 4 Learning Disabilities - Fundraising on Gofundme