Together we will walk through what it takes to write a mobile browser, and we will discover some of the open-source projects in the Mozilla ecosystem such as Firefox Focus, GeckoView and Mozilla Android Components.
Enjoy the show 👨🍳
- 00.13 Intro
- 00.59 Episode Start
- 01.24 Sebastian’s Introduction
- 02.12 What is Fenix?
- 03.11 The big rewrite
- 04.42 Code sharing between Mobile and Desktop
- 07.26 Feature parity
- 09.34 From monorepo to separate repos
- 12.29 The story of Firefox for Android
- 18.23 What is needed to build a browser?
- 20.06 GeckoView
- 22.15 WebViews vs GeckoViews
- 24.01 Mozilla Android Components
- 26.34 Specific Browser Components
- 27.46 From Github to the PlayStore
- 29.12 Nightly, Alpha, Beta and Stable
- 31.01 Reproducible Builds
- 33.56 Firefox Focus
- 37.31 Firefox Tech Stack and Architecture
- 40.56 How many engineers are behind Firefox for Android?
- 42.05 External Contributors to Firefox
- 43.36 How to start contributing to Firefox?
- 46.24 Further reading
- 47.48 What’s the future for Firefox on Android?
- mozilla-mobile/fenix on Github
- Firefox for Android Official Website
- Mentioned Projects:
- @pocmo on Github
- @Anti_Hype on Twitter