Kscript brings the power of Kotlin to the scripting world. It makes writing scripts a pleasure thanks to the elegant Kotlin APIs, and allows you to directly use tons of libraries and dependencies from the Maven ecosystem.
Kscript recently moved under the kscripting organization and Marcin is here on stage to tell us about the future of this project.
Enjoy the show 👨🍳
- 00.00 Intro
- 00.45 Episode Start
- 01.01 Marcin’s Introduction
- 01.40 What is Kscript?
- 02.33 Why using Kotlin for scripting?
- 04.08 Brief history of Kscript
- 06.31 Differences between Kscript and Kotlin Scripting
- 08.19 How portable is Kscript?
- 11.08 Compiled languages & Caching
- 13.51 What happens when you invoke Kscript?
- 15.48 Why using Kscript?
- 17.34 @DependsOn external libraries
- 19.56 IDE Support
- 22.26 kscript –idea
- 23.37 Who’s maintaining Kscript today?
- 25.17 How you got involved in this project?
- 28.45 The kscripting org and new projects
- 32.27 Invoking external commands
- 34.56 What’s next in the future of Kscript?
- 37.09 Where to connect with other Kscript users?
- 38.14 What’s the best way to contribute to Kscript?
- 40.36 Further reading
- 41.28 Where people can find you online?
- kscripting/kscript on Github
- Kscript User Guide
- Kscripting Discussion Board
- #scripting on Kotlinlang Slack (get an invite here).
- Talk: Scripting Enhancements for Kotlin - KotlinConf 2017
- @aartiPl on Github