Today we venture in the mobile cross-platform world with Kevin Galligan from TouchLab.
Kevin has been using and advocating Kotlin Multiplatform since the early days! Together with TouchLab they’ve released tools and libraries that are crucial to the development of the Kotlin Multiplatform ecosystem.
Today, Kevin in on-stage to talk to us about KaMPKit, a collection of samples and tools to get you started quickly with Kotlin Multiplatform.
We’re going to touch on where Kotlin Multiplatform is placed today and how TouchLab released the Droidcon NYC app with 100% (for both Android & iOS!).
Enjoy the show 👨🍳
- 00.27 Intro
- 01.13 Episode Start
- 01.40 Kevin’s Introduction
- 03.24 What is KamMPKit?
- 06.23 What is Kotlin Multiplatform?
- 09.11 KMP vs KMM
- 10.36 How can KaMPKit help you?
- 14.06 The biggest friction with adopting KMP
- 18.33 The biggest selling point for KMP
- 23.18 Shared UI with Kotlin Multiplatform
- 32.35 KMP in production at TouchLab
- 36.04 Biggest players in the KMP space
- 40.27 Brownfield applications and KaMPKit
- 45.59 Which future for KaMPKit?
- 48.54 How can people contribute to KaMPKit?
- 51.19 Further reading
- 54.44 Where people can find you online?
- touchlab/KaMPKit on Github
- TouchLab Official Website
- Mentioned Resources:
- @kpgalligan on Github
- @kpgalligan on Twitter