We’re back in the Kotlin world with Marco Gomiero and his library RSS-Parser for, you guessed it, parsing RSS feeds.
Marco will walk us through how this library helped him to get started in the OSS world and helped him land his first job!
Enjoy the show 👨🍳
- 00.00 Intro
- 00.45 Episode Start
- 01.26 Marco’s Introduction
- 03.18 What is RSS-Parser?
- 04.44 How RSS-Parser is different from a XML parser?
- 07.03 Whick Kotlin features have you used?
- 09.21 Using coroutines from Java
- 10.54 JVM vs Android libraries
- 12.20 RSS-Parsing in the Multiplatform world
- 14.05 Any design decision you regret?
- 17.22 What’s the history of this library?
- 23.05 How Marco got started with OSS?
- 24.39 Publishing to Maven Central
- 30.32 Meaningful external contributions
- 33.13 Sponsorships
- 33.53 What’s next for this library?
- 35.09 Further reading
- 36.36 Where people can find you online?
- prof18/RSS-Parser on Github
- Mentioned Resources:
- @marcoGomier on Twitter
- @prof18 on Github
- @marcogom on Mastodon
- Marco’s Website