MetalLB is a load balancer for Kubernetes instances deployed on bare metal. If you like me are curious to learn what this means, what is Kubernetes, why do you need a load balancer and why would you deploy on bare metal… don’t miss this episode!
Federico will walk us through this project, explaining how he became a maintainer of a Cloud Native Computing Foundation project, what are its use cases and its challenges.
Enjoy the show 👨🍳
- 00.00 Intro
- 00.45 Episode Start
- 01.19 Federico’s Introduction
- 07.30 What is MetalLB?
- 08.07 What is Kubernetes?
- 10.23 What is a Load Balancer?
- 12.16 Running Kubernetes on bare metal
- 15.16 Load Balancing Internals
- 20.07 Unexpected use cases
- 22.02 What’s the history of MetalLB?
- 24.23 The RedHat model
- 26.19 CI and Testing
- 28.45 Go vs Rust?
- 33.37 What does it mean to join the CNCF?
- 37.12 How is this project funded?
- 39.42 The future of MetalLB
- 40.55 Further reading
- 42.45 Where people can find you online?
- metallb/metallb on Github
- MetalLB Official Website
- MetalLB and FRR: a match made in heaven - FOSDEM 2023
- @fedepaol on Twitter
- @fedepaol on Github
- @fedepaol on Mastodon
- Federicos’s Website