Today I’m excited to have on stage Daniele Scasciafratte, the Open Source Multiversal Guy. Daniele is involved all over the places: he’s a WordPress core contributor, a Mozilla contributor, and the author of the book “Contribute to open source: the right way”.
In this episode, we start from GlotDict, a browser extension Daniele wrote to support WordPress translators. But that’s just the starting point! We’ll touch on what is means to be a WordPress core contributor, how Mozilla is different from WordPress and the love/hate relationship we all have with PHP.
Daniele also wrote an Open Source book: “Contribute to open source: the right way”. This book is like a survival guide for any Open Source newcomer. We’ll talk about how the book came to be and what are the main takeaways from it.
Enjoy the show 👨🍳
- 00.08 Intro
- 00.54 Episode Start
- 02.36 Daniele’s Introduction
- 04.25 What is Glotdict?
- 08.48 WordPress and the modern web
- 15.07 What does it mean to be a WordPress core contributor?
- 21.46 PHP
- 26.12 Daniele & Mozilla
- 32.28 Writing an Open Source book
- 41.56 One takeaway from Daniele’s book
- 47.38 Further reading
- 52.57 Where people can find you online?
- Mte90/GlotDict on Github
- Daniele’s Book: Contribute to open source: the right way 3rd edition
- 2 years of GlotDict or Why I made my first browser extension for the WordPress community
- Mentioned Books:
- Daniele’s Podcast - Opinioni in Open Source 🇮🇹
- @Mte90 on Github
- @mte90net on Twitter
- Daniele’s Website