In this episode, we shift a bit from Mobile & Kotlin to talk about shells, prompts and Rust! 🦀
Today we have Matan Kushner with us on stage to talk about Starship 🚀. From their website: The minimal, blazing-fast, and infinitely customizable prompt for any shell!
Still confused? A picture is worth a thousand words:
Starship in action, from starship.rs
If you’re curious to know more about shells, prompts, customizations and what are the challenges behind Starship, make sure you don’t this episode.
Enjoy the show 👨🍳
- 00:27 Intro
- 01:13 Episode Start
- 01:53 Matan’s Introduction
- 03:05 What is Starship?
- 04:20 Supported shells
- 05:27 The idea behind writing a prompt
- 08:49 Matan’s favourite plugin
- 10:02 Missing features and space for improvements
- 11:44 What is your current setup?
- 13:36 Is there a “prompt market”?
- 15:19 Would you write it again in Rust?
- 17:07 Challenges of a prompt author
- 19:40 Where is Starship collecting information?
- 21:05 Async support
- 22:37 Which shell is the hardest to work with
- 24:14 The secret to build a vibrant community
- 26:16 Communities and Discord
- 29:41 What’s the future for Starship?
- 32:16 Roadmap and Vision
- 33:33 How to contribute?
- 35:18 Translating Starship
- 36:34 Learning Material
- 37:40 Where to find Matan online?
- starship/starship on Github
- Starship Official Documentation
- The Rust Book
- Other mentioned prompts:
- @StarshipPrompt on Twitter
- @matchai on Github
- @matchai on Twitter