You don’t need a tooling team
That’s Tuist motto, and if you’re an iOS Developer 🍎 you really don’t want to miss it.
Today we have Pedro Piñera Buendía on stage. He’s the author and maintainer of Tuist, a tool to help you maintain and generate your XCode Projects. Pedro will tell us about the history of this tool and how it plays with monorepo and dependency management.
Enjoy the show 👨🍳
- 00:18 Intro
- 01:05 Episode Start
- 01:46 Pedro’s Introduction
- 03:04 What is Tuist?
- 05:36 Tuist vs Gradle
- 10:59 “Focused” projects
- 14:26 XCode’s pain points
- 15:42 3rd party dependencies
- 18:10 Monorepos
- 21:44 How you came up with Tuist?
- 25:25 The Tuist Core Team
- 27:06 Major adopters
- 29:09 What’s the future for Tuist?
- 31:23 Collecting Build Metrics
- 32:53 Tuist Internals
- 35:35 How to contribute to Tuist?
- 39:16 Slack and Tuist community
- 41:31 Documentation and Material
- 43:49 Where to find Pedro online?
- tuist/tuist on Github
- Tuist Official Documentation
- Tuist Contributors Documentation
- @tuistio on Twitter
- Other mentioned tools: