This episode is going to be all about testing and code coverage 🧪 as we have Evgeny Mandrikov on stage!
He’s going to tell use the story behind JaCoCo, aka Java Code Coverage, one the most popular code coverage library for Java, Kotlin and the JVM.
If you’re curious to learn how a code coverage tool works internally, make sure to don’t miss this episode.
Enjoy the show 👨🍳
- 00:15 Intro
- 01:02 Episode Start
- 01:42 Evgeny’s Introduction
- 02:45 What is JaCoCo?
- 03:52 One tool for one function
- 04:59 Is JaCoCo in “maintenance” mode?
- 07:03 Convince us that coverage is important
- 09:59 JaCoCo as a debugging tool
- 11:50 Where to use code coverage?
- 14:11 Patch vs total coverage
- 18:04 How JaCoCo works?
- 21:57 Source based instrumentation
- 24:54 Pattern matching and code coverage
- 26:54 Is JaCoCo ever failing?
- 29:57 Kotlin inline functions
- 34:30 Integrating with JaCoCo
- 36:00 JaCoCo vs IntelliJ Code Coverage?
- 39:57 Is a mailing anachronistic?
- 42:28 How to contribute to JaCoCo?
- 45:13 What’s the future for JaCoCo?
- 48:07 Evgeny’s dream about JaCoCo
- 49:53 Learning Material
- 51:04 Where to find Evgeny online?
- jacoco/jacoco on Github
- JaCoCo Official Documentation
- JaCoCo Mailing List
- JaCoCo on StackOverflow
- Further reference:
- @Godin on Github
- @_Godin_ on Twitter