Today I have the honor to host on-stage Kosh Sergani, author and maintainer of FastHub.
If you don’t know FastHub yet, it’s one of the most popular Github client for Android. It’s obviously fully open-sourced and Kosh has been developing it from day 1. Today he’s sharing with us the story of this project, how it started and how it evolved.
Make sure you don’t miss this episode as we’re going to talk about a lot of topics: the the FastHub business model, how Kosh handled piracy problems and what is the future for this project.
Enjoy the show 👨🍳
- 00.11 Intro
- 00.56 Episode Start
- 01.26 Kosh’s Introduction
- 02.21 What is FastHub?
- 03.17 The story of FastHub
- 05.11 The tech stack
- 08.29 Was FastHub open-sourced from day 1?
- 09.28 Community contributions
- 11.36 Deploying to the Play Store
- 13.10 Reproducible builds
- 15.16 Piracy problems
- 20.11 Who is maintaining FastHub?
- 22.18 The business model
- 25.16 FastHub vs Github Native App
- 28.53 Is FastHub v5 happening?
- 30.52 Are you looking for contributors?
- 31.56 Further reading
- 33.14 The burden of a maintainer
- 36.07 Your passion for open source
- 37.32 Open source impact on career growth
- 39.48 Where to find Kosh online?
- k0shk0sh/FastHub on Github
- Contribution Guide
- Mentioned Resources & Projects:
- @k0shk0sh on Github
- @im_kosh on Twitter