Today we touch a bit on the Python 🐍 world as I have the honor to have on-stage Patrick Arminio, author and maintainer of Strawberry 🍓.
Strawberry is a GraphQL library for Python 3. It comes with a lot of nice features built on top of language feature such as dataclasses and type hints.
Patrick is also doing an amazing work in building a vibrant community around this project. In this episode he will walk us through the story of this project, and some of the community initiatives he started to support this project.
Enjoy the show 👨🍳
- 00.13 Intro
- 00.59 Episode Start
- 01.26 Patrick’s Introduction
- 02.09 Patrick’s background
- 03.23 What is Strawberry?
- 04.37 The story of Strawberry
- 06.50 Strawberry’s selling point
- 07.52 A new release for every pull-request
- 08.57 Building communities around side projects
- 10.53 Who is maintaining the project?
- 12.11 Meeting with the contributors
- 14.01 Is it worth to organize a meeting?
- 15.24 Where to find time for open source?
- 17.01 Weekly reporting your contributions
- 18.45 Release Twitter cards
- 22.22 A retrospective on the community health
- 24.09 Why Strawberry vs other popular libraries?
- 25.44 Strawberry’s upcoming features
- 27.37 When to 1.0?
- 29.06 Strawberry on Twitch
- 30.09 Roadmap to beyond 1.0
- 32.15 Onboarding new contributors
- 33.52 Further reading
- 37.06 Sponsoring the project
- 39.53 Where to find Patrick online?
- strawberry-graphql/strawberry on Github
- Official Strawberry documentation
- Code of Conduct
- @strawberry_gql on Twitter
- Strawberry Discord server
- Mentioned Resources & Projects:
- @patrick91 on Github
- Patrick’s Blog
- @patrick91 on Twitter