Miguel is one of the maintainer of this popular collection of plugins. Plus plugins offer multiplatform capability to access informations such as battery, connectivity, sensors and more across a variety of platforms: Android, iOS, Web, MacOS, Windows & Linux!
In this episode we will talk about the story of this project, how it evolved from Google to Flutter community, and how people can contribute to such a critical piece of the Flutter ecosystem.
Enjoy the show 👨🍳
- 00.00 Intro
- 00.46 Episode Start
- 01.21 Miguel’s Introduction
- 02.26 What are the Plus Plugins?
- 04.55 Who owns the Plus Plugins?
- 08.56 Flutter Plugin Ecosystem
- 11.00 Contributing to Flutter
- 12.13 Miguel’s favorite plus plugin
- 14.31 Are plus plugins offering also UI?
- 15.34 The hardest plus plugin to maintain
- 17.37 Multiplatform support
- 19.40 The monorepo
- 24.05 What makes a plugin a plus plugin?
- 27.20 How you got involved in this project?
- 30.20 How do you handle oss contributions?
- 32.08 How to contribute?
- 33.55 How do you keep docs and code on sync?
- 35.55 Do you version your docs?
- 37.36 Further reading
- 38.44 Where to find Miguel online?
- fluttercommunity/plus_plugins on Github
- Plus Plugins Official Website
- Plus Plugins CONTRIBUTING.md File
- Developing Packages in Flutter - Pluralsight Course
- @MiBLT on Twitter
- @miquelbeltran on Github