Vincenzo is the maintainer of this library, a custom theme for Swing which is bringing a material look-n-feel to the Swing UI toolkit. While this might sound boring at first, Material UI Swing is currently used on JMars (Java Mission-planning and Analysis for Remote Sensing) 🪐 and sponsored by the Arizona State University.
In this episode Vincenzo will tell us the challenges of having to deal with Swing, and what it means to have a University sponsoring your open-source project.
Enjoy the show 👨🍳
- 00.09 Intro
- 00.55 Episode Start
- 01.48 Vincenzo’s Introduction
- 04.24 What are you favourite programming languages?
- 06.21 What is Material UI Swing?
- 10.20 How about JMars?
- 14.03 A bit of project history
- 17.07 What was the impact of being sponsored by a University?
- 24.16 Vincenzo goes to Arizona
- 30.26 Swing and Themes
- 37.44 Would you rewrite it in Kotlin?
- 41.07 What’s up in the future for this library?
- 44.27 Further reading
- 47.13 Where to find Vincenzo online?
- vincenzopalazzo/material-ui-swing on Github
- JMars Official Website
- Original Material UI Swing repository
- @vincenzopalazzo on Github
- @PalazzoVincenzo on Twitter