As you can imagine, developing a web browser is no easy task. In this episode, Marcos will walk us through some of the challenges they’re facing daily and how they go from Github to the Play Store and beyond.
Enjoy the show 👨🍳
- 00.00 Intro
- 00.46 Episode Start
- 01.20 Marcos’ Introduction
- 02.17 What is Duck Duck Go?
- 03.50 What is Duck Duck Go Privacy Browser?
- 05.46 The history of the name
- 06.57 Convince us to use Duck Duck Go rather than other search engine
- 09.58 Bangs
- 12.03 How is Duck Duck Go Android Browser different?
- 14.04 How the app works internally?
- 15.58 WebViews WebViews WebViews
- 20.29 Do you share code with iOS?
- 25.14 How would you rewrite the app differently?
- 28.31 How your release process looks like?
- 34.12 Employee vs External Contributors
- 37.20 Major features coming from the community
- 38.50 How to contribute to Duck Duck Go?
- 40.10 Future Projects
- 43.21 Further reading
- 45.06 Where to find Marcos online?
- duckduckgo/Android on Github
- Duck Duck Go Search Engine
- Duck Duck Go Privacy Browser Front Page
- This is not about coding anymore - Droidcon London 2021
- @Orbycius on Twitter
- @marcosholgado on Github
- Marcos’ Personal Website