It’s time for another bonus episode of The Developers’ Bakery! This time, we dive into the world of content creation with Jorge Castillo. Jorge is the author of the blog & newsletter Effective Android and the author of Jetpack Compose internals book.
In this episode we’ll talk about his journey building a newsletter, writing blog posts, preparing courses, and writing books. Join us as we and discover the secrets behind his success.
Enjoy the show 👨🍳
- 00.00 Intro
- 00.45 Episode Start
- 01.19 Jorge’s Introduction
- 03.13 What is Effective Android?
- 04.01 Kicking off a newsletter
- 05.19 From RSS to your Inbox
- 06.42 How to monetize a newsletter?
- 07.41 Effective Interviews
- 10.01 How an interview is built
- 12.01 Podcast vs written interviews
- 14.02 Where do you find the time?
- 16.36 Jetpack Compose courses
- 18.56 Cohort based courses
- 21.05 Communities around courses
- 23.00 The business of online courses
- 24.33 The challenges of building a course
- 26.51 The book: Jetpack Compose Internals
- 32.04 The book: The Good Teammate
- 32.54 Leanpub
- 34.58 Maintaining Arrow
- 41.05 Further reading
- 44.19 Where people can find you online?
- Effective Android on Substack
- Mentioned Resources:
- @JorgeCastilloPrz on GitHub
- @JorgeCastilloPR on Twitter
- @jorge on Mastodon