In today’s episode, we talk about a problem that most Mobile developers faced in their career flaky tests, and we do it with Anton Malinskiy, joining us to talk about Marathon, the Mobile UI Test runner.
We all know that ensuring high quality and reliability of our mobile apps is key to our success and to a 5-star rating. That’s why mobile testing is so important. Marathon helps us in this endeavour, orchestrating our test execution in a smart way to parallelize our tests and reduce flakiness.
Anton is going to guide us with us through Marathon’s capabilities, its unique features, and the challenges it solves in the realm of UI testing.
Enjoy the show 👨🍳
- 00.00 Intro
- 00.45 Episode Start
- 01.02 Anton’s Introduction
- 02.48 What is Marathon?
- 06.15 Why UI testing for mobile is hard?
- 09.35 What are the features of Marathon?
- 12.39 Handling flakyness
- 15.51 Learning from other test runs
- 17.07 Running adb commands during tests
- 19.21 Optimizing for parallelism
- 23.08 How does Marathon compares to similar tools?
- 29.17 Why GPL 2.0?
- 31.53 License switching
- 33.45 Marathon Cloud
- 38.03 Running tests under 15 minutes
- 41.20 Marathon Cloud for OSS
- 42.08 Further reading
- 45.02 Where people can find you online?
- MarathonLabs/marathon on GitHub
- Marathon Official Docs
- Marathon Official Blog
- Marathon Cloud Website
- Mentioned Resources:
- Inspirational Resources:
- Connect with Marathon:
- @Malinskiy on GitHub
- @anton_malinskiy on Twitter
- @Malinskiy on Telegram