In this episode of The Developers’ Bakery, we have the pleasure of hosting Dmitry Kandalov, the author of LivePlugin. With LivePlugin you can easily create IDE Plugins for IntelliJ (and other JetBrains IDEs) in the blink of an eye, you won’t need to restart your IDE anymore!
If you’re looking to supercharge your productivity and make your IDE truly yours, this episode is a must-listen. Dmitry will inspire you with his passion for plugin development and reveal the secrets behind his IDE customizations.
Enjoy the show 👨🍳
- 00.07 Intro
- 00.53 Episode Start
- 01.35 Dmitry’s Introduction
- 03.18 What is LivePlugin?
- 04.23 How do you create an IntelliJ plugin?
- 05.14 No need to restart your IDE
- 07.09 Can I ship a LivePlugin to prodcution?
- 09.25 Plugins as a single Kotlin file
- 10.48 LivePlugin success stories
- 13.22 IDE Plugin vs CLI
- 19.31 Debugging a plugin
- 22.03 Dmitry’s favorite plugins
- 23.53 IDE Customization
- 25.19 Dark themes
- 26.09 IJKL
- 27.38 How you got into plugin development?
- 31.56 Have you tried writing plugins for other IDEs?
- 33.21 How to contribute to LivePlugin?
- 36.24 What’s next for LivePlugin?
- 38.52 Paid Plugins
- 42.16 Limited Work in Progress
- 46.23 Further reading
- 47.56 Where people can find you online?
- dkandalov/live-plugin on GitHub
- Sane Intellij Plugin Development With Live Plugin - Dmitry’s Blog
- Mentioned Resources:
- dkandalov/quick-fix on GitHub
- Quick Fix on Jetbrains Marketplace
- dkandalov/ijkl-shortcuts-plugin on GitHub
- IJKL Shortcuts on Jetbrains Marketplace
- dkandalov/limited-wip on GitHub
- Limited WIP on Jetbrains Marketplace
- Dmitry’s IDE Settings
- Extending IntelliJ-based IDEs at runtime - #4 from Busy Plugin Developers
- Live Coding Kotlin/Native Snake by Dmitry Kandalov - Video from KotlinConf 2018
- PSI Viewer on Jetbrains Marketplace
- Jetbrains Marketplace on Slack
- @dkandalov on GitHub
- @dmitrykandalov on Twitter
- @dkandalov on Mastodon
- Dmitry’s Website